Position: After-School Care Program Coordinator
Azalea City Montessori, a new full-day Montessori program in Midtown Mobile, seeks a high-quality after school care coordinator for the upcoming school year. Regular hours will be in the afternoon; however, the ideal candidate will be able to also cover full-day shifts during certain holidays and over the summer weeks. Perfect for a student or creative free-lancer who enjoys working with kids.
The After-School Care Program Coordinator of Azalea City Montessori will work independently in the daily planning and operation of the after-school care program, while receiving supervision and support from the School Director. The daily activity of the after-school program are carried out by the ASC Coordinator, with development support from the School Director, Board, and Member Families. The collaborative effort of all parties aims to give proper support to the ASC Program Coordinator in fostering a healthy and creative environment which meets the needs of each child.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement daily plans for the after-school program that provide choices and opportunities for safe risks, and challenge children to interact by applying a range of activity including but not limited to: arts, crafts, music, exercise, games, free play
- Plan, supervise and implement developmentally appropriate experiences for the after school program based on the mission of ACM and needs of the students
- Create a consistent learning environment for health and peace which provides for emotional, cognitive, social and physical growth in children
- Communicate with and address parent concerns and questions promptly and appropriately
- Communicate and discuss progress and needs of the after school program and individual children to the ACM Director
- Maintain accurate up to date records for enrollment, attendance communication logs, child observation documents and parent communication
- Be a role model to children and staff by maintaining a positive attitude when interacting with children, parents, and ACM employees, members, and friends
After-School Care Program Coordinator expected work hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00p.m.-6:00 p.m. Holidays and school closing may require more time as outlined by the approved school calendar.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age
- Valid State-Issued I.D.
- High School graduate, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Ability to be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid
- Clear completion of criminal background and sexual offender check
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand, and apply the mission of Montessori education and the ACM co-operative within the program and within the relationships of the school and families
- Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in conjunction with other school staff
- Ability to remain positive and flexible with the proper energy to fulfill daily activity
ACM School Director
For more information or to apply, contact the ACM School Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.